Monday, August 29, 2011

New Project Teaser

The bulk of my year has revolved around shooting images for Project 365, which requires me to shoot an image a day for an entire year.  I'm 230+ days into the project and it's been a very trying, tough and at times, uncreative project.  With that being said, it's also been a very satisfying project.  I've shot images with my digital SLR, my iPhone and my various Polaroid cameras.  It has been a great way to explore and develop my creativity.  It's also been a tool to push myself as a photographer.  What this project hasn't allowed me is extra time to focus on other photography projects, though I try to squeeze them in when I can.  One of those projects is currently in development and will be one that comes to a close rather quickly, if I get the results that I hope for. 

I've been experimenting with film this year and as I mentioned in my last post, I just obtained a Hasselblad 500 c/m camera.  I've been shooting with it a great deal recently, and in that process I've developed a fondness for Adox CHS 50 ART black and white film.  It's a very low speed, high grain, black and white emulsion.  I really like the look it gives a scene and is perfect for the type of images that I like to create.  The combination of the Hasselblad and the Adox are the tools that I'm using for the current project.  The project involves portraiture, which is not one of the things I typically like to shoot.  It's a step outside of the box for me, but I feel my subjects will make for great images. 


This is simply an inside look at what I'm hoping will be a very nice project once completed.  I don't wish to share many additional details regarding the project at this time, I mainly wanted to give you a little teaser so you can see what's in store.

This also gives you an idea of the type of images that the Hasselblad 500 c/m and Adox CHS 50 ART film can produce.


















As I stated earlier, this is not typical of my style.  So, I welcome comments and/or critiques of my first attempt at portraiture.  I look forward to sharing more of this type of work with you all, as well as the final product of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment