Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lomography Fisheye






















I received a Lomography Fisheye No. 2 camera for Christmas.  I'm just starting to experiment with lomography cameras and I'm very excited about the results and creativity that they can yield.  I also have a Holga and a Diana F+ in my camera arsenal; however, this was my first roll of film for one of my lomography cameras.  I didn't have amazing results, but I did enjoy shooting with it.  The Fisheye No. 2 is a very finicky camera.  It requires a lot of light and usually doesn't produce results on anything lower than 400 film.  I used Fuji Superia 400 for my first roll and I received mixed results.  Only 12 out of the 24 prints came back and a few of them were not good.  I did manage to get a few decent shots.  Obviously, as I'm very new to shooting with film, it's a learning experience.  The Fisheye, regardless of the fact that you don't have to worry about settings, is also a learning experience.  I need to be careful of my lighting situations; I need to experiment with the film and I need to adjust how I shoot from the viewfinder.  However, that's the fun with lomography, film cameras and photography in general.  It's a learning experience.  The more you understand how your camera works, the types of lighting and how it effects your shots, etc. the better results you will achieve.  So, enjoy my first Fisheye shots and stay tuned to see my second roll.  Also, be on the lookout for my first Holga and Diana F+ rolls too!

No comments:

Post a Comment