Friday, July 8, 2011

Solo Show Announced!


















So, here is the big announcement that I was eluding to in my last few posts.  My first solo exhibit / gallery show will be taking place next month!  I finalized the details in January, but I didn't want to publicize it until the date was fast approaching.

At the beginning of the year, I posted a few photo resolutions.  One of those resolutions was to create my best work yet.  Well, in preparing for this show, I can tell you that I think I have achieved that goal and I'm only half way through the year.  I'm still not where I want to be and I know that I have so much to learn and I have more room for growth.  This show is not an ending point; it's merely the beginning of my photographic journeys.  There are so many things I want to photograph that I haven't, so many projects that I want to create, so many cameras and film that I want to experiment with and processes that I want to try.  This is why the theme for my show is "An Introduction."  It's a way of introducing myself as a photographer to all of you and the general public.  It's meant to show you how I view the world; it's my story, created by my eyes and my cameras.  This show is also meant to display my progression as a photographer and an artist.  My early point and shoot work is how I started; my DSLR work displays my progression and film is where I'm at now.

So, without further ado, here are the details of the show:

Show:
Dates:  The show is being hung on Monday, August 1 and will be on display from Tuesday, August 2 - Wednesday, August 31.
Location:  Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North Street, Sidney, OH 45365

Opening Reception:
Thursday, August 4, 2011
6-8 p.m.
Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North Street, Sidney, OH 45365
Light refreshments will be served.

Some of the images that are featured on this blog will be on display, but I have a few pieces that I'm "unveiling" at the event, including a few that I hinted at from my Mansfield Reformatory shoot.  So, feel free to drop by, check out my work, chat and enjoy some food.  I hope to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment