Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New to blogging.......not photography

Hello!

I'm new to the blogosphere, so please bear with me as I get the hang of it. I've been considering blogging for awhile and with a wedding on the way, my fiance and I have actually started a wedding website/blog. However, since one of my assignments for Social Media Marketing was to create one, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to dive right in.

I plan on using this blog as a way to document my experiences with the wonderful world of photography. Two years ago, I received my first digital camera just prior to visiting New York City. While I was there, I took roughly 400 pictures and fell in love with the camera. As I reviewed the images from my Sony Cyber Shot DSC-W80, I realized that I had an eye for more than the standard touristy snapshot. I did some brief editing in Adobe Photoshop CS3 and had a set of them printed. From there I began shooting every chance I got. I shot in numerous places, including the city I currently reside, Troy, OH. I soon began seeing the world through a viewfinder.

In 2009, I joined the Edison Photo Society, a local photo club operated out of Edison Community College. By doing so, I've created new friendships and listened to a number of seasoned photographers that have been helping me on the way. I entered my first contest later that spring and by the end of the year I had won numerous ribbons in 4 of the 5 contests I entered that year.

I just recently purchased a Canon AE-1P film camera and a Canon EOS 50D Digital SLR camera. I just had my first outing with the digital at Historic Loveland Castle and it was quite the experience. I realize that I need a great deal of practice and I have a lot to learn. I'm up for the challenge and I'm looking forward to documenting it along the way. I'm going to be using this blog as a way to share my work and tips, review places I shoot, and pass along interesting things I find or read. I look forward to the journey and everyone who is interested in hearing what I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment